Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Cat's Perspective

I was told to share this, so here goes:

A single drop of pureness
       Slipping down my paw
As light falls on the little gem,
     Others begin to thaw.

Nothing beats the rise
Of a beautiful fruit.
Is it an orange or tangerine?
Possibly a shiny grapefruit?

It lightens my heart
To see the birds chirping to the light
To see the entire world come alive.....
At the end of the night.

I glare at the big ball of orange
Wondering if it was yarn,
As it slowly drifts, up and up,
Over my owner's barn.

The street starts to come ALIVE!
With big metal monsters
Towering over my furry head.
Nothing can be flashier.

I watch as a human w.a.l.k.s.
Out of the big machine.
He stops and stares, at cute, little me.
Then fed me sardine.

I gobbled it up, fast as I could.
Nothing tasted better than this.
The giant got back to the moving house,
And left with a hiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment